Track Your Economic Impact Payments
"The IRS is committed to helping you get your Economic Impact Payment as soon as possible. The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers. No further action is needed by taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees."
This IRS has created a website that you can check your stimulus check on, both for Filers and Non-Filers. The link is provided below:
We have attached some verbage directly from the IRS Website below to help you better understand what page you need to be directed to.
To be directed to the IRS website for Filers, click here: Filers: Get Your Payment
Use the "Get My Payment" application to:
- Check your payment status
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
- Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet
To be directed to the IRS website for Non-Filers, click here: Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here
If you don’t file taxes, use the "Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here" application to provide simple information so you can get your payment.
You should use this application if:
- You did not file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return because your gross income was under $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples). This includes people who had no income. Or
- You weren’t required to file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return for other reasons
If you receive these benefits, we already have your information and you will receive $1,200. Do not use this application if you receive:
- Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
- Railroad Retirement and Survivor Benefits
Special note: People in these groups who have qualifying children under age 17 can use this application to claim the $500 payment per child.
Information below is provided directly from the IRS, you can find the link here.
Update your bank account or mailing address:
- If we don’t have your direct deposit information from 2018 or 2019 return – and we haven’t yet sent your payment – use the Get My Payment application to let us know where to send your direct deposit.
- 2019 Filers: We will send your payment using the information you provided with your 2019 tax return. You will not be able to change it.
- 2018 Filers: If you need to change your account information or mailing address, file your 2019 taxes electronically as soon as possible. That is the only way to let us know your new information.
Note: The IRS can not currently process individual paper tax returns due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here is what you need to know about your Economic Impact Payment. For most taxpayers, payments are automatic, and no further action is needed. This includes taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees.
For further information and for some FAQ, visit the link provided below: